- 1 frozen New York-style cheesecake (30 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining cream and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve warm with cheesecake or, if desired, cool completely and drizzle over cheesecake. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Turtle Cheesecake
Sort By :
I made this the other day for my book club luncheon and I think it is one of the very best cheesecakes I have ever eaten. As the name implies, it is simple to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly and the only thing I would do differently would be to add more toasted pecans to the top. This recipe is over the moon good. Here is a link to my review and photos: