Simple Tender Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour soup over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 431 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Simple Tender Pork Chops
"I consider myself a good cook, but I have never been able to make pork chops as tender as I would like -- that is, until I tried this recipe. It is absolutely wonderful. The chops were both tender and juicy. I warmed one up the next day and made a sandwich with a slice of onion and mustard. It was as delicious as the first day."
"I make this recipe at least once a month. It is so good that I served it to my supper club!"
"used cream of mushroom soup & added half can water. made gravy from pan drippings adding at the end."
"This is now in the rotation of meals we love. Did not have the rice soap on hand so used cream of chix it was awesome. Have used other cream soaps since. Makes for a nice gravy."
"very good and tender, easy too"
"This recipe was so good. We loved it. I use butter to fry the pork insted of oil other then that i wouldnt change a think, 6 hr was long enough cooking time"
"I've been making this recipe for over 20 years.Still love it and am happy to see it still shows up in magazines!"
"Very nice recipe. Our kids enjoyed it."
"This is tasty dish, but I did make a few alterations to the recipe. I think a cooking time of 5-6 hours is plenty long enough and I thickened the sauce a little with cornstarch for a thicker gravy."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.