- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
"Really good recipe. My whole family liked it. I added a little more water to make it more soupy and left out the can of pinto beans. Will make it again."
"really good quick recipe . I used diced tomatoes instead of the stewed, and substituted salsa for the ranch seasoning. I served it with crispy tortilla strips and shredded cheese."
"Excellent recipe not only easy to make its quick and DELICIOUS!!"
"This is a great recipe. I tweaked it by changing to 1 lb sweet Italian sausage and 1 lb ground beef. I also added 2 add'l cans of the stewed tomatoes and 2 more cans of kidney beans along with 1/2 can tomato paste, 1/2 cup sugar, couple teasp. crushed red pepper, pinch of salt and pepper and finally some chopped garlic in oil and passed it off as chili at our work chili cook-off. I won the contest so thank you for sharing!!!"
"Really Yummy. I cut the recipe in half and ended up using the full amount of liquid and it still was not very soupy so that is the only thing I would change about it in the future."
"For those who need low sodium, I make my own mixes and just leave out the salt. They work very well in most recipes."
"Simple, easy and very good tasting. The only change I made was to use diced tomatos instead of stewed tomatoes,"
"Taco Chilli is one of my favorites except I make mine with Black beans, ground turkey and no stewing tomotoes....AWESOME!!!"
"Has anyone ever made this in a crockpot? Just putting it all together and slow cooking for a few hours? Wanting to do that today on this rainy day!"
"It was a good recipe, but wasn't a WOW recipe. (We also added sour cream, shredded cheddar, crushed chips.) It was an easy recipe to throw together on a weeknight, but not one I would choose over my normal chili dish or even our chicken enchilada soup staple."