Simple Taco Soup Recipe
We first sampled this chili-like soup at a church dinner. It's a warming dish on a cold day. And since it uses packaged seasonings and several cans of vegetables, it's a snap to prepare. —Glenda Taylor, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup equals 370 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,369 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC