Simple Taco Soup Recipe
"We first sampled this chili-like soup at a church dinner," writes Glenda Taylor of Sand Springs, Oklahoma. "It's a warming dish on a cold day, and since it uses packaged seasonings and several cans of vegetables, it's a snap to prepare."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC