- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
Sort By :
"Taco Chilli is one of my favorites except I make mine with Black beans, ground turkey and no stewing tomotoes....AWESOME!!!"
"Has anyone ever made this in a crockpot? Just putting it all together and slow cooking for a few hours? Wanting to do that today on this rainy day!"
"It was a good recipe, but wasn't a WOW recipe. (We also added sour cream, shredded cheddar, crushed chips.) It was an easy recipe to throw together on a weeknight, but not one I would choose over my normal chili dish or even our chicken enchilada soup staple."
"My whole family and my Girl Scout Troop all love this soup. You can control how spicy it is and the girls especially love adding cheese, chips, tomatoes, some even like to put lettuce on top. It's a staple in my house and on Girl Scout overnights!"
"Haven't made this yet, but as I'm raising 3 grandchildren and ALWAYS on the hunt for good, simple AND easy...I will be happy to try it!Adding garlic and onions seems logical to me..come to think about..adding garlic and onions to ANYTHING containing ground meat sounds like it should be etched in granite!P."