This is used to sweeten a variety of mixed drinks, but can also be used to sweeten iced tea or coffee.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
26 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or
- until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- heat; cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the
- refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 60 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.