Simple Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
While growing up, a friend's mother would make this fondue when I spent the night. Every time I make it, it brings back fond childhood memories. I love the rich flavor. Happy dipping! —Tracy Lawson, Farr West, Utah
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, flour, mustard and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat cream and beer over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Stir in cheese mixture. Bring just to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until combined and smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 2/3 cup.
1/3 cup fondue with 2 slices of bread equals 395 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC