Simple Sweet Potato Biscuits
Only four ingredients make these moist biscuits a snap to prepare. “I modified my grandma’s recipe to make it shorter and quicker,” says Pam Bouillion of Rayne, Louisiana. “They’re my husband’s favorites.”
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 cups canned sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. In a
- small bowl, mash sweet potatoes; stir in milk and butter. Stir into
- biscuit mix just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking
- sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.