Simple Sweet Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place pork chops in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1/3 cup sauce equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Simple Sweet Pork Chops
"Way to much juice in the pan, chops were covered and didn't brown at all, not very appetizing to look at. Maybe browning before would help."
"I used chicken breasts instead of pork chops & omitted the jalapeno pepper. It had just the right amount of sweetness & spice. Also, was very easy to make & the chicken was very moist & tender."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.