Simple Sweet Pork Chops
Simple enough to whip up for busy weeknights, these tender pork chops are all juiced up with sweet pineapple and just the right touch of jalapeno. They’re perfect for the whole family. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chppped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1/3 cup sauce equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now