Simple enough to whip up for busy weeknights, these tender pork chops are all juiced up with sweet pineapple and just the right touch of jalapeno. They’re perfect for the whole family. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place pork chops in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sweet Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Sweet Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
"Way to much juice in the pan, chops were covered and didn't brown at all, not very appetizing to look at. Maybe browning before would help."