Simple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
Just five ingredients are all that's needed for these tender chops. “Whenever I serve these to company, they get rave reviews and recipe requests,” notes Jami Ouellette of Houston, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, brown chops for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer or broth, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Pour over pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove
- chops and keep warm. Simmer sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5
- minutes. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as