Simple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer or broth, ketchup and brown sugar. Pour over pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm. Simmer sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Simple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
So simple and easy to make, using ingredients that everyone has on hand. The pork chops were moist and flavorful. I added more salt and pepper for flavor. Everything was made in the skillet, so it was easy to clean up.
The sauce was too thin and never thickened up.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >