My slow-cooker meatballs are easy to reheat in the microwave, so when my husband packed some of the leftovers in his lunch one day, all his work buddies wished they had their own!
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, cream of chicken soup, soup mix and parsley. Add meatballs; toss to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles or potatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Simple Swedish Meatballs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p23
Reviews for Simple Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient"