My slow-cooker meatballs are easy to reheat in the microwave, so when my husband packed some of the leftovers in his lunch one day, all his work buddies wished they had their own!
Featured In: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs or 1 package (26 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in broth, cream of chicken soup and soup mix. Stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook, covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes. If desired, serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Simple Swedish Meatballs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p23
Reviews for Simple Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient"