- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, cream of chicken soup, soup mix and parsley. Add meatballs; toss to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles or potatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Simple Swedish Meatballs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p23
Reviews for Simple Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient