Simple Summer Salad
Although my family is not big on salads, they love this version resembling seven-layer salad. We especially enjoy it on summer days when it's too hot to eat a really big meal. - Carol Stone, Rankin, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Cool for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cheese,
- tomato, onion, eggs and beef. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper; toss
- to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
It will be easier to chop the hard-cooked eggs for Simple Summer Salad if their cold.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.