Simple Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into two 5-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Sugar Cookies
"I made these for Christmas they were very delicious!!!!!!thanks"