Simple Sticky Buns Recipe
"I prepare these nutty rolls every Christmas Eve," reports Tyan Cadwell of St. John's, Michigan. "Then I pop them in the oven while we're opening gifts on Christmas morning. They smell delicious while baking."
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed, divided
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1. Cut each loaf of dough into 18 pieces. Arrange half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour over dough. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins if desired. Arrange remaining pieces of dough over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until center sounds hollow when tapped with fingers. Invert onto a serving platter or baking sheet. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC