Simple Squash and Sausage
"Dinner doesn't get any easier than this stovetop meal for two that I created one night," relates Lela Rauch from Oakland, Michigan. "My husband insisted that I remember the colorful combination so that I could make it again."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in oil until lightly browned;
- remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and yellow
- squash until crisp tender. Return sausage to the pan. Stir in
- preserves. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,295 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer