Simple Squash and Sausage Recipe
"Dinner doesn't get any easier than this stovetop meal for two that I created one night," relates Lela Rauch from Oakland, Michigan. "My husband insisted that I remember the colorful combination so that I could make it again."
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. In a large skillet, saute sausage in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and yellow squash until crisp tender. Return sausage to the pan. Stir in preserves. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,295 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Squash and Sausage
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC