Simple Squash and Sausage Recipe
"Dinner doesn't get any easier than this stovetop meal for two that I created one night," relates Lela Rauch from Oakland, Michigan. "My husband insisted that I remember the colorful combination so that I could make it again."
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and yellow squash until crisp tender. Return sausage to the pan. Stir in preserves. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Simple Squash and Sausage in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Simple Squash and Sausage(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review