Simple Squash and Sausage Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and yellow squash until crisp tender. Return sausage to the pan. Stir in preserves. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Simple Squash and Sausage
Sort By :
Delicious, quick dinner served with biscuits.