This lovely spinach salad is tossed with chopped cucumber, broccoli, mushrooms and raisins. Sent in by Glenna Petersen of Wellsville, Utah, its coated in a sweet homemade dressing that's very tasty. TIP: “For variation, substitute red and green grapes for the spinach,” Glenna advises.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, broccoli, raisins, bacon, almonds, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Simple Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p57
Reviews for Simple Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review