Simple Sparerib & Sauerkraut Supper Recipe
This recipe simplifies our busy lives and lets us celebrate family time with a hearty meal that is on the table fast. — Donna Harp, Cincinnati, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 slices thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup beer
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, place the potatoes, onion, apple and bacon. Drain sauerkraut, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid; add sauerkraut and reserved liquid to slow cooker.
- 2. Cut spareribs into serving-size portions; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown ribs in batches. Transfer to slow cooker; sprinkle with brown sugar and caraway seeds.
- 3. Add sausage; pour in beer. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC