Simple Spanish Rice for 2
Green peppers and tomato give lovely color to this nicely seasoned side dish. It's just right for two people.Vivian Wolfram, Mountain Home, Arkansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper, tomato and onion in oil until
- tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, salt
- if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and without salt) equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.