Green peppers and tomato give lovely color to this nicely seasoned side dish. It's just right for two people.—Vivian Wolfram, Mountain Home, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper, tomato and onion in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Simple Spanish Rice in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p10
Reviews for Simple Spanish Rice for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review