- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper, tomato and onion in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Simple Spanish Rice for 2
Sort By :
"Fast and easy! Just enough flavor to have as a side!"
"We really liked this and I will make it again, however I served it with ham steak which my husband did not like because there is no fat on the ham. I loved it. will work on the meat next time."
"it sounds like just what I wanted and I am going to make it now. thanks for recipes for two people. do you have a section for that?"
"I found that I needed a little extra chicken broth or the rice was a bit dry. A full can of the broth was perfect:)"