- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked rice; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Simple Spanish Rice in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p59
Reviews for Simple Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2015
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2015
"We love this rice!"
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"Very flavorful dish. I could just make a meal off of this. Makes a good bit also."
Reviewed May. 16, 2010
"This was great. I didn't have any brown rice, so used wild rice. My guests loved it!"