Simple Souffle Recipe
My children, who are vegetarian, rave about this souffle. Plus, I can make it for breakfast, brunch or as a side dish.—Rosemary McCormack, Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a saucepan, combine soup and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Cool.
- 2. In a bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir into soup mixture. In another bowl, beat six egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into soup mixture.
- 3. Spoon into a 2-qt. straight-sided baking dish coated with cooking spray and dusted with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until the souffle is risen and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC