My children, who are vegetarian, rave about this souffle. Plus, I can make it for breakfast, brunch or as a side dish.Rosemary McCormack, Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, combine soup and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat
- until cheese is melted. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir into
- soup mixture. In another bowl, beat six egg whites on high speed
- until stiff peaks form; fold into soup mixture.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. straight-sided baking dish coated with cooking
- spray and dusted with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 40-45 minutes or until the souffle is risen and golden brown. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.