- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, combine soup and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir into soup mixture. In another bowl, beat six egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into soup mixture.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. straight-sided baking dish coated with cooking spray and dusted with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until the souffle is risen and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Souffle in Country Woman November/December 2003, p36
Reviews for Simple Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >