Simple Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 300 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Sloppy Joes
"Our favorite sloppy joe recipe."
"I've made this several times. It goes together quickly and always gets rave reviews from my family. I like it served over homemade corn bread."
"Easy & yummy!~ Theresa"