Simple Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Round out a hearty lunch featuring Simple Sloppy Joes with potato or corn chips and carrot slices.
1 each: 300 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Simple Sloppy Joes
"Our favorite sloppy joe recipe."
"I've made this several times. It goes together quickly and always gets rave reviews from my family. I like it served over homemade corn bread."
"easy & yummy!~ Theresa"