- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Simple Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"Quick and easy with ingredients I have on hand. Low fat and delicious!"
"yum! I added a pinch of cloves, an extra tablespoon of brown sugar and an extra splash of milk. Came out great!"
"Great recipe. Only a few things I would change. Maybe add a bit of clove and pumpkin pie spice for more flavor. We also added a bit more pumpkin cuz we love it!! We used whip cream to top them instead of syrup, amazing! We added a few chocolate chips to a few of them just to see what they would taste like. They were the best of the batch! Definitely would recommend this recipe to others!!"
"As many other reviewers commented, these turned out gummy, almost pasty tasting. In addition to the texture, the flavor was lacking something, perhaps more sweetness or spice. I added toasted walnuts to our batch but will not make these again. My pancake loving kids didn't even care for them."