Simple Sloppy Joes Recipe
My mom and I had fun creating this recipe together. My daughter Jennifer, could eat these sandwiches every day. It's a good thing the recipe makes a big batch! - Ona Allen, Huber Heights, Ohio
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p99
Reviews for Simple Sloppy Joes(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2013
Our favorite sloppy joe recipe.
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
I've made this several times. It goes together quickly and always gets rave reviews from my family. I like it served over homemade corn bread.
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2011
Easy & yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >