Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in hot oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli and red pepper in 2 tablespoons broth for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas, onions, garlic and remaining broth; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return shrimp to the pan; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry
"I've made this recipe many times. Even though it doesn't have a traditional stir-fry sauce, it tastes amazing! You can also try a variety of vegetables with it too."
"Healthy Recipe.Good to Cook. nice picture"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.