"In the 15 years I've been making this stir-fry, I've shared the recipe many times," writes Delia Kennedy from Deer Park, Washington. "When our children were still at home, the offered to was the pan after dinner to encourage me to make it!"
- 1-1/2 pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in hot oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli and red pepper in 2 tablespoons broth for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas, onions, garlic and remaining broth; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return shrimp to the pan; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review