Simple Shrimp Scramble
"My husband is a big fan of breakfast," says Patty Cloninger from Rochester, Washington. "When I was looking for something different to make I came up with this recipe. He raved over it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in shrimp. Remove to a bowl and
- keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add
- eggs; cook and stir until completely set. Stir in the shrimp
- mixture, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 370 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 547 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.