Simple Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp, lemon-pepper and garlic powder; cook for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to individual serving dishes. Serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Shrimp Scampi(14)
Sort By :
This is not any shrimp scampi - it's made with white wine. NEVER soup - gross.
Not as flavorful and tasty as a more traditional scampi dish made with cloves of garlic (versus garlic powder) and white wine. But for a fast weeknight meal, it fit the bill just fine. Served over hot couscous.
Very good. I made 1/2 of the recipe and added 1/4 cup white wine to the butter mixture. Quick and very easy!
I love shrimp scampi. I make mine with capers and add some bread crumbs with parmesan cheese. Next time I'll add some white wine to it as suggested by reviewer "annfalco", thanks! Anything with white wine is good.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >