Simple Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir-fry shrimp and garlic in oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm. Add eggs to skillet; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Add the marinara, soy sauce and brown sugar; heat through. Return shrimp to the pan. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime and, if desired, Sriracha. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Simple Shrimp Pad Thai
"Next time I would make my own marinara sauce - I found the store bought sauce a bit strong and maybe less soya sauce. Will definitely try this again."
"Although marinara sauce is the secret ingredient in the recipe, it was my least favorite ingredient in this dish. When coupled with the cilantro, the sauce had too much of a salsa taste for my liking. I added some additional soy sauce and garlic powder to balance out the flavors. Although not a fan of the marinara, I loved the other ingredients in this recipe. My husband and two kids cleaned their plates the night I made this!"
"My fiance loved this! I wasn't a huge fan, but I guess it was just my taste buds. This is very simple to make. I substituted in spaghetti noodles instead of rice noodles."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.