Simple Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
Stir in soy sauce and brown sugar, add a sprinkle of cilantro and roasted peanuts—and no one will guess the secret ingredient in this dish is marinara sauce. —Erin Chilcoat, Central Islip, NY
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir-fry shrimp and garlic in oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm. Add eggs to skillet; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Add the marinara, soy sauce and brown sugar; heat through. Return shrimp to the pan. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime and, if desired, Sriracha. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC