- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry shrimp and garlic in oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm. Add eggs to skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Add the marinara, soy sauce and brown sugar; heat through. Return shrimp to the pan. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime and, if desired, Sriracha. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Shrimp Pad Thai
Sort By :
"Although marinara sauce is the secret ingredient in the recipe, it was my least favorite ingredient in this dish. When coupled with the cilantro, the sauce had too much of a salsa taste for my liking. I added some additional soy sauce and garlic powder to balance out the flavors. Although not a fan of the marinara, I loved the other ingredients in this recipe. My husband and two kids cleaned their plates the night I made this!"
"My fiance loved this! I wasn't a huge fan, but I guess it was just my taste buds. This is very simple to make. I substituted in spaghetti noodles instead of rice noodles."