Simple Shepherd's Pie
"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 522 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.