Simple Shepherd's Pie Recipe
"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Shepherd's Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p48
Reviews for Simple Shepherd's Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2013
This was delicious, and a great dish to make with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes! I added corn instead of carrots and it was delicious. Definitely a good comfort food on a chilly night.