- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups Caesar salad croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine crushed croutons and sesame seeds. Place eggs in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with crouton mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Simple Sesame Chicken
"Amazing flavor and easy to do!"
"This recipe is not only quick but delicious. I prepared it in half an hour. My husband declared it a keeper. Five stars for sure for this one. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/883786/7628646.aspx#7628646"
"I've FINALLY found a chicken recipe my son will eat! He refuses meat of any type (unless it's deep fried by a fast-food chain!), but he says this is the "best chicken ever"! When I made it the second time, I kept the heat lower and cooked it longer. It cooked much more evenly that way. Tastes yummy drizzled with honey! Next time I will add garlic powder to the flour mixture to give it a little more depth of flavor."
"My boyfriend is so picky and I made this tonight and he said it was the most amazing thing I have ever made him. It was so good, followed the recipe exactly, no sauce needed. We had a vegetable medley baked in the oven with it, all awesome!!!"
"Very easy recipe and tastes great. I made no alterations to it."
"awesome ... i used regular italian bread crumbs and not as much sesame seed as the recipe called for... loved it"
"I found the BEST SAUCE for these little scrumptious delights its from tastefully simple the sauce is called bayou burbon glaze its a perfect match! TRY IT! the sauce is a bit expensive $9 a bottle but its a huge hit!"