Simple Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups Caesar salad croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine crushed croutons and sesame seeds. Place eggs in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with crouton mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 255 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.