“Returning home after 20 years as a missionary in the Philippines, I’ve tried to make food like we had there and came up with these flavorful strips. This recipe became a family favorite and is often requested at potlucks!” Lynn Jonas - Madison, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups Caesar salad croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine crushed croutons and sesame seeds. Place eggs in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with crouton mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sesame Chicken in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p51
Reviews for Simple Sesame Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review