I created this dish after my three kids tried Chinese takeout and asked for more. To make things easy for myself, I typically use a rotisserie chicken from the deli. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add coleslaw mix; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Add green onions, 2 tablespoons dressing and couscous; heat through. Remove couscous from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add chicken and remaining dressing; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve over couscous; top with cilantro and, if desired, peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sesame Chicken with Couscous in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, p2-13
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Simple Sesame Chicken with Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2015
"VERY easy to make, and it's tasty. I need to add more than two cups of coleslaw mix next time, but I'll be making this again."