Simple Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups Caesar salad croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine crushed croutons and sesame seeds. Place eggs in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with crouton mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Simple Sesame Chicken
Sort By :
Amazing flavor and easy to do!
We loved the sesame seed and crouton crust on this chicken dish.
I added some minced garlic and ginger to the egg mixture, and served it with rice and Sweet Thai chili sauce mixed with some marmelade for a dipping sauce.
This recipe is not only quick but delicious. I prepared it in half an hour. My husband declared it a keeper. Five stars for sure for this one. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/883786/7628646.aspx#7628646
I've FINALLY found a chicken recipe my son will eat! He refuses meat of any type (unless it's deep fried by a fast-food chain!), but he says this is the "best chicken ever"! When I made it the second time, I kept the heat lower and cooked it longer. It cooked much more evenly that way. Tastes yummy drizzled with honey! Next time I will add garlic powder to the flour mixture to give it a little more depth of flavor.
My boyfriend is so picky and I made this tonight and he said it was the most amazing thing I have ever made him. It was so good, followed the recipe exactly, no sauce needed. We had a vegetable medley baked in the oven with it, all awesome!!!