- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Pinch pepper
- Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mustard. Sprinkle sausage and cheese evenly over bread.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, cream and pepper. Pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Strata
Sort By :
I've made this many times and my family always eats every bite! I make exactly as stated. It's fast, easy and ingredients are usually on hand. I've used fresh sausage and also the pre-cooked frozen sausage bits. Thanks for this recipe!
Perfect for weekend company.... I made this ahead and froze it uncooked, thawed overnight in the fridge and baked it in the morning! The mustard really adds something special :) It was very easy to put together, and no expensive ingredients either.