Simple Sausage Ring
I received this recipe from our son, who fixed it for the family one Saturday morning. We were all pleased—and surprised—with his culinary skills. Now he and I often swap recipes.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit to a 3-in. diameter. Press half of the biscuits
- onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. fluted
- tube pan. Spoon sausage over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Top with
- remaining biscuits.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.