Simple Sausage Ring Recipe
I received this recipe from our son, who fixed it for the family one Saturday morning. We were all pleased—and surprised—with his culinary skills. Now he and I often swap recipes.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. Flatten each biscuit to a 3-in. diameter. Press half of the biscuits onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon sausage over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining biscuits.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC