Simple Sausage Pasta Toss Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toss bread crumbs with oil; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add sausage to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 30-60 seconds longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives; heat through. Add spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1-2/3 cups: 340 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
"Good flavor but VERY dry."
"We loved this! I added a small amount of red pepper flakes and left out the crumb topping; we just topped our own servings with a small amount of parmesan cheese instead. Very good and we'll be having this again!"
" Looks good. ThanksBrenda
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.