Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
This filling pasta dish is ideal for busy nights when you need a good, quick meal with a healthy touch. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- skillet, toast bread crumbs in oil over medium heat; remove from the
- heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and
- olives. Cook and stir until heated through. Drain pasta; add to
- skillet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups equals 340 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.