For a flash of tasty inspiration, grab a skillet and stir up turkey sausage with tomatoes, garlic and olives. Toss everything with spaghetti, and sprinkle with Parmesan. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toss bread crumbs with oil; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted. Remove from pan.
- Add sausage to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 30-60 seconds longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives; heat through. Add spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sausage Pasta Toss in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review