- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast bread crumbs in oil over medium heat; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Cook and stir until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
Sort By :
"We loved this! I added a small amount of red pepper flakes and left out the crumb topping; we just topped our own servings with a small amount of parmesan cheese instead. Very good and we'll be having this again!"
" Looks good. ThanksBrenda
"Loved the freshness of this pasta..I added drained chopped spinach and it was a lovely dinner we had.Thanks for the recipe."