- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next eight ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Lasagna
"We love this recipe! So quick and easy. I also substitute bulk mild Italian sausage and swap out a cup of ricotta for a cup of cottage cheese. I also add some mushrooms because we love them."
"I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!"
"Delicious. Used mild Italian turkey sausage, 2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 cup of ricotta. Easy, and really wonderful flavor."