Simple Salsa Chicken
"My husband and I prefer our food a little spicier than our children, so one evening I baked plain chicken for the kids and created this dish for us," Jan Cooper relates from Troy, Alabama. "My husband liked it so well that it is now a regular menu item at our house."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with salt. Combine salsa and taco sauce; drizzle
- over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170° Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now