Simple Salmon Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained and bones removed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or dash dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or dash dried tarragon
- 1. Place salmon in a large bowl and flake. Add remaining ingredients; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 276 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.